St Swithun's

open door to a healing heart

Parish Boundaries

The church originally came under the diocese of Rochester but became part of the Diocese of Southwark on its creation in May 1905. The Parish of St. Swithun’s had a population of 10,161 in 1927 when the boundaries were defined as:

Ardgowan Rd, odd 1 to 23 odd, even 2-34 
Ardmere Rd
Beacon Rd
Benin St.
Blashford St.
Brightside Rd
Brownhill Rd,  odd 161 to end
Courthill Rd, even 122 to end, odd 119 to end
Davenport Rd, even 96 to end, odd 147 to end
Duncrievie Rd
Elthruda Rd
Ennersdale Rd
Fordyce Rd
George Lane, even 122 to end, odd 117 to end
Glenview Rd (now Nightingale Grove)
Harvard Rd, even 10 to end, odd 11 to end
Hither Green Lane, even 106 to end, , 107a to 389
Knowles Hill Crescent
Lanier Rd (including St Swithuns Rd)
Littlewood Rd
Mallet Rd
Maythorne Cottages
Minard Rd,
Mount Pleasant Rd, even 108 to end, odd 101 to end
Radford Rd
Ryecroft Rd, odd only
Springbank Rd
Springrice Rd
Theodore Rd
The Woodlands
Thornford Rd, odd 1-35
Torridon Rd, odd 1 to 37, even 2-48
Wellmeadow Rd, even 2-64, odd 1-93
Woodlands St.

The boundaries have since been extended to accommodate the changes as a result of the closure of St. Marks Church, Clarendon Rise, in 1964. Most of St. Marks parish was united with St. Stephens Lewisham but the following roads came over to St. Swithun’s:

Dermody Gardens
Dermody Road
Eastdown Park,  even 4 to end, odd 15 to end
Hollyhedge Terrace
Leahurst Rd, even 2 to 74, odd 1to135
Pascoe Road
Wisteria Road